Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Faux Metal Wall Art

This is where it all started. I saw this picture over at  Suzy's Artsy Craftsy Sitcom Blog and I was hooked!   
 It looked so easy and fits into my decor scheme perfectly!  I started collecting rolls and rolls of toilet paper, enlisting my friends and family to do the same.  Well after being a little sidetracked and almost a year later I still haven't done it.  Being sidetracked wasn't all too bad though, I put my crafty skills to good use when I was asked to head up our church's Vacation Bible School.  I continued collecting and collecting for months and put all ONE THOUSAND of those empty tp rolls to good use for God's Kingdom. 

Here is what we came up with for our Big Jungle Adventure:



  
The kids loved it!  But alas, I am still pondering the Faux Metal Wall Art so I am going to head on over to Suzy's Artsy Craftsy Sitcom Blog right now to refresh my memory with her tutorial of all the details and supply list so I can get started!


P.S. Please send any extra tp rolls my way - kidding I have plenty!

2 comments:

Suzy Myers said...

I love it when someone is inspired by my projects. Please be sure to send a photo of your finished project and I will post it on my blog!

suzy

~ Tami said...

Thanks Suzy. I love how you turned something so ordinary and simple into something elegant.
~Tami

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...